Sunday, June 12, 2016

INTERNATIONAL SURREALISM NOW

INTERNATIONAL SURREALISM NOW

I had started the category of International Surrealism Now quite some time ago in order to feature the great work my friend Santiago Ribeiro was doing in promoting and organizing shows, ever since the monumental 2010 INTERNATIONAL SURREALIST EXHIBITION at the Bissaya Barreto Foundation in Coimbra, Portugal.

Alas, of late I was not able to follow up on the latest developments since I am increasingly busy with other projects, My last entry was on Friday, October 16, 2015.
I don't abandon my friends, and I would also not want to disappoint readers that had earmarked this category, so I was quite elated when I found that a old mutual friend of ours, the 'Oneiric Realist' Steve Smith and his wife Debbie had picked up the slack and began featuring INTERNATIONAL SURREALISM NOW on their website!

So anyone looking for the latest news under this category, head on over to Steve's site:

click above ▲ to visit the new site

Also exciting: they are just in the process of setting up a magazine:

The Oneiric Realist – Magazine

click above ▲ and check out the announcement of the impending launch!

Thank you Debbie and Steve Smith for picking up the slack!

Steve Smith announced on his Facebook page (June 12th 2016):

The ideas for the magazine " The Oneiric Realist" are flying back and forth between Debbie and me this morning. It feels as if everything I have been working on over the last several years is finally coming together in this magazine project. We're in the early stages but we wanted to get the word out and get some interest from artists who would be interested in submitting their work for the first issue. (The image is a mock-up of the cover concept.)


I will be installing a tab to this magazine on my VISIONARY ART EXHIBITION site!

~o~




No comments: